Search

Wrapping It Up



I love making gift wrap fun and beautiful, and love it even more  when
I am able to re-purpose materials that would otherwise be waste. 

Above is a grouping of Chirstmas gifts that Lola will find under the tree on the 25th.
She  loves the snowmen decorations, dolls, and ornaments so much that I had wrap some of her gifts in the form of a snowman reusing birthday paper inside out, felt from her Halloween costume, and craft paper left over from her birthday projects that I will finally get around to posting her birthday after the holidays.

I can't wait to see her adorable little face on Christmas morning!



Below are several wrapping ideas from around the web to inspire you this gift giving season.



A tutorial on how to make this bow can be found here.
I love that this is done with newspaper, but the possibilities are endless with mixing and matching colorful papers.




I love the simplicity of this wrapping.
It's basic, yet thoughtful with a personalized note printed on the re-purposed bag.

This is among my favorites this year.
I don't know a child, or adult that wouldn't be overcome with joy when they were given this sweet little reindeer filled with cookies or presents. You can find the tutorial here.


This is a fantastic project that even very little ones can help you with by allowing them to hole punch paper (bonus motor skill activity) either before or after you cut out the silhouette.
This template can be found here, but you could get creative and design you own.



This is such a simple, yet elegant wrapping.
What I love most is that when all the gifts have been unwrapped, the photograph remains
as a keepsake from a favorite photographer.




I love when gift tags are functional and fun.
This elf craft tutorial is one that can be easily done by children to attach to gifts.
OR you could assign a color to each child and attach elves to gifts from Santa to avoid any suspicion due to recognizable handwriting.
This could also be a tradition, of Santa sending an ornament via a gift tag for each child to add to the tree next year.



This look and many others can be achieved with these peel offs.


Keep in mind that most of these examples can be recreated by re-purposing 
materials that you already have saving you a little cash, and minding your carbon footprint. 


15 comments:

  1. Great ideas. Love the idea of re-purposing materials from prior projects to save money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love wrapping gifts, but hate that making them look beautiful can sometimes cost as much as the present. Not to mention that in most cases it all ends up in the trash, so I try and the best I can to make it affordable, reusable, and beautiful :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where can I find or make the hat and the scarf

    ReplyDelete