Search

Photo Contest: Family



I absolutely LOVE this photograph!
When I came across it I knew I had to feature it on Simply Living.
I love the freshness, the unique point of view, and wow...the color! I knew it would inspire
a zillion ideas, and then I thought .....I know.....let's use it as inspiration for a contest.
be inspired by more of Liz LaBianca's photography here

Photo Contest Theme: Family
Which seems to to me to be the most fitting theme for Simply Living's very first contest.

So, what constitutes a family?
Be creative...this could be a photograph of you and your own parents, of your children,
of you, your significant other, and your furkids... decide who is family to you,
and and then submit your best photograph here.

The Rules
To enter the contest you must sign up to be a follower.
Then simply submit a photo (one per day please) of your family here.
It's that simple.

The contest will open today (Friday) and will be open
for two weeks, closing Friday August 5th.

Winner and Finalists
Winners will be announced on Monday August 8th.
The top 6 photos will be displayed on a new Contest Winner Page
that will appear at the top of the blog and remain up for a period of one month.

We will be looking for photographs that are
creative, have good composition, and tell a story.


Judging
Judging will be by a panel of three (to avoid ties) consisting of
myself, my sister Katie (who is a photographer), and Damaris (who has impeccable taste).

I am so excited to see the amazing moments you capture, and to get shooting myself.
I will show you what Katie, Damaris, and I shoot as well...just for fun!

Good luck!

7 comments:

  1. liz labiancaJuly 22, 2011

    Thanks Maureen! I am so glad you love my photo - To think it all started with a puddled created by some morning dew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does the contest work? where do we view the photos submitted?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you know that we have already received some GREAT shots!! I can't wait to see what else gets submitted! :O)
    Happy Shooting!! -Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen,
    Once the contest closes (Friday August 5th), all photos will be displayed...and the top six will remain on their own page for a whole month!
    -Maureen
    PS: You photograph is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. kathleen siobhanAugust 12, 2011

    do we have a winner??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ^^^^ what she said lol

    ReplyDelete